Monday, February 15, 2016

Some Gorgeous Colors and a Little Watercoloring

Hi All! 

With it being a snowy 3 day weekend here in St Louis, I got crafty as my MOJO slowly returns.  A couple of challenges were just shouting to be played! :)



I fell in love with the color challenge at The Paper Players this week~ 


I used Kuretake Zig Clean Color Watercolor Markers on the flowers and distress inks on the background.  I did not have a watercolor close to Pool Party, so I decided to combine Shabby Shutters and Peacock Feathers distress inks. When I did this, they did not blend immediately and I really liked the effect of the two separate colors, so kept it that way (though this may mean the challenge police come after me!).
I kept the design very simple and just added a die cut sentiment (WPlus9).  The top layer is die cut directly from the image, then a black die cut sentiment was added to the negative space.  The water colored sentiment was then glued on top, allowing for a bit of a drop shadow so the sentiment would POP. 
I am also linking up to Time Out Challenges -it is Inspired by Words week -Love is the Flower You've got to let Grow. 
and Inkspirational, where the word prompt is 'Pop'. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful, beautiful card Lee Ann! Beautifully watercolored. I love how you mixed the inks. (No arrest from the challenge police, that comment cracked me up) Thanks for joining our color challenge this week at the Paper Players. Did I mention that it's really beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I love this one very much, everything is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee Ann I am a sucker for florals and this bouquet is fantastic! It is so beautifully colored and I love how you cut the sentiment right out of it. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to leave a comment earlier - but it didn't save- this is just stunning- love it all, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LeeAnn your card is coloured beautifully - such a fantastic use of this week's colours. I love the way you cut your sentiment straight out of the top layer - so brave and creative and really effective. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how gorgeous! Love the image and your fantastic water coloring! The two colors not immediately blending couldn't have turned out prettier. I really love that! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Your colouring is awesome and I love the popped up sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats for winning our challenge at Time Out. To see how to redeem your prize and be a GD, check out the blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...